We have lots of exciting opportunities for you whether you have lots of time or just a little, and we are encouraging all of you that may not have had the confidence before, to try it out and have a go. We will support you to make sure it’s a great experience.
Simply put we cannot help and rescue any dogs without your help!
Why volunteer with us?
We have such a wide range of people, ages, and circumstances and as well as different reasons for getting involved. We make sure we know what these are and then work together for the benefit of the dogs, for you and for us, so it’s all good!
You may want to volunteer because:
• You love dogs and have a passion for giving them the life they deserve.
• You want practical work experience for a qualification or a job.
• You want to meet new people and make new friends (two and four-legged!)
• You want to gain confidence and identify your strengths
• You wish to improve your health and wellbeing
• You would like to make good use of the knowledge and skills that you have.
• You want to be a force for good for those more vulnerable than yourself.
• You want to have fun doing something different and useful.
Opportunities for Everyone
We understand that people have different responsibilities, commitments, and personal challenges. We are dedicated to ensuring that if you want to get involved you can, in a way that works for you, in a role that you enjoy.
You can join us as
• Permanent volunteer – for just a few hours a week, or a few days a week.
• Corporate volunteer – team up with your workmates to show that your business cares about its community.
• ‘One day a Year’ Volunteer – helping out with events and fundraising for just one single day each year and not be asked for more.
• Placement volunteer – a few days or months on a learning experience plan
• Back Up Volunteer – there to lend a hand ‘as and when’ you can.
• Distance volunteer – help with tasks you can do at your own pace from home.
Areas of Volunteering
You will be surprised at the breadth of roles available at LUOSKO German Shepherd Dog Rescue. Some roles may need previous experience, some not. However all roles need enthusiasm and a commitment to animal welfare.
Broad categories include:
• Kennel Assistants
• Dog Walkers
• Dog Groomers
• Fundraising and Events
• Fundraising Store Volunteer
• Social Media & Advertising
How to volunteer
• If you have any questions before applying just call us and we’ll be happy to answer those.
• Complete the volunteer application form
• We will contact you about your interest and if we have a role that is suitable, we’ll invite you to come and meet us, or discuss next steps by phone.
• We will then take some details and provide you with information and training you may need.
• You will be provided with a member of staff to support you during your volunteer experience.
We welcome everyone to help out around our centre and with fundraising events, however if you are under 16 you will need to be accompanied by a parent or responsible adult, who has also completed a volunteer application and a full induction, they MUST attend every time with you.
We have a dress code for Health & Safety reasons; which includes boots/wellies, appropriate clothing and waterproofs. Any other PPE will be provided by us. We also have a strict NO mobile phones rule on site unless previously agreed. Lockers are available on site to put personal belongings in.
HOW YOU CAN HELP
Wills & Legacies
Organise a charity golf day or rugby tournament, run a half marathon or fun run, take part in a sponsored walk or cycle – there are loads of stunning places to do these in.
Dress up or down!
Hold a fancy dress day at your school, college, work or community group. Or how about getting people to give a donation to dress down for a day? Onesies, anyone?
Something for the ladies!
Fundraising doesn’t need to be tough or challenging, you can even make it luxurious. Host a pamper evening for you and your friends. Slap on the facemasks, get the nails painted and enjoy a foot spa.
A lads’ night in!
Host the ultimate evening for the boys: a big sports match on the telly, a homemade curry, beers in the fridge and your games console on standby, ready to take you into the early hours.
Terrific teens needed!
If your school or college is holding a disco or prom, turn it into a fundraiser for LUOSKO German Shepherd Dog Rescue as well. Or why not get sponsored to give up something you love – your mobile phone for a week?
Start fundraising from an early age!
Talk to your child’s playgroup or nursery about holding an event for LUOSKO German Shepherd Dog Rescue – teddy bear picnics, treasure hunts and fancy dress parties have all proved popular in the past.
Have a big night out!
You could turn a really special night at a local venue into a big fundraiser. Why not dazzle with a casino night, put everybody under starter’s orders with a race night or host a glamorous black-tie ball?
Sizzle with a summer sensation!
Make the most of the sunshine by hosting some great summer fundraising events. How about a barbecue at your home, a picnic in the countryside or a garden party somewhere posh?
Put your brain to work!
It’s time to fire up the grey cells in your head and use your brain for something really worthwhile. That could be hosting a quiz night, holding a chess tournament or organising a treasure hunt.
Sing for your supper!
If you belong to a local choir, organising a concert is a great way to raise money for LUOSKO German Shepherd Dog Rescue. Or if you’re not quite Katherine Jenkins, how about hosting a karaoke night or talent contest?
You for fundraising for our dogs
There are hundreds of fantastic ways you can fundraise to help. All you need to do is decide what you do best and turn that into a fundraising idea - we have all got something we do best. To help get you started, here are some of our favourites. Just take a look, get inspired and then start planning.
Other fundraising Ideas
• Donations instead of birthday presents
• Donations instead of wedding favours
• Cake sale
• Swear box – these can fill up really quickly!
• Cleaning – clean for your neighbours and charge a fee to donate to us
• Bring and buy book sale
•'Shake a bucket' at a supermarket or station. You will need permission for this. If you have questions please contact us
• Concert or bands night
• Organise a quiz at your local Pub
• Donate your skills – are you a dog groomer, hairdresser, mechanic, beautician, gardener, cook etc, etc? Do what you do best in exchange for a donation to LUOSKO
• Come Dine With Me event – charge a fee to enter and everyone brings a course!
• Create an animal themed fantasy football league
• Car boot sale – using your own unwanted items and/or donations or get all your family/friends involved
• Golf day
• Football tournament
• Sponsored dog walk
• Car wash
Sending in money you have raised
• When your event is finished, it is sensible to collect the money you have raised as quickly as possible. Ensure that two people are present when you are counting cash.
• Any cash or cheques made payable to you should be banked and then you should make your own cheque for the amount raised payable to LUOSKO German Shepherd Dog Rescue. Please don't send cash through the post (Although you can drop in to us by hand).
• Please include any sponsorship forms you have used or a note so we know if we are able to claim Gift Aid - this means your gift to us could be worth 25 per cent more to us.
• Please enclose your completed Money Return Form or a note with your name, address, postcode and details of the event. We’d like to thank you properly for your fundraising efforts and this will helps us to do that.
Help & Support
If you need help with promoting your fundraising idea, promotional materials or even a prize to give a way please get in touch with us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
When you fundraise and become part of Team LUOSKO, you'll be helping to make the lives of every dog in our care more bearable and you will be helping them on their way to their forever homes
Good Luck & Thank You for fundraising for our dogs
Help support our dog's - DONATE NOW
facebook On-line Auction
Every month we run an on-line auction on facebook, you can join in by donating items to auction off or just place a few bids for the things you like the look of. Simply follow the link and have a dable!
If your local or visiting Cheadle, please take the time to visit our fundraising store, jam packed with all sorts of items from clothes, ornaments and trinkets. You can also purchase branded items in store like beanies, T-shirts, hoodies, mugs, wristbands and pens.
fundraising store - 'Live Event' On-line sale
On the last Sunday of every month (unless we have other events) we hold a facebook 'live' event, a little bit of fun with the team while we sell or auction off items from the fundraising store. By joining the facebook group you will be kept up to date of all events and sales at the fundraising store.