We have lots of exciting opportunities for you whether you have lots of time or just a little, and we are encouraging all of you that may not have had the confidence before, to try it out and have a go. We will support you to make sure it’s a great experience.
Simply put we cannot help and rescue any dogs without your help!
Why volunteer with us?
We have such a wide range of people, ages, and circumstances and as well as different reasons for getting involved. We make sure we know what these are and then work together for the benefit of the dogs, for you and for us, so it’s all good!
You may want to volunteer because:
• You love dogs and have a passion for giving them the life they deserve.
• You want practical work experience for a qualification or a job.
• You want to meet new people and make new friends (two and four-legged!)
• You want to gain confidence and identify your strengths
• You wish to improve your health and wellbeing
• You would like to make good use of the knowledge and skills that you have.
• You want to be a force for good for those more vulnerable than yourself.
• You want to have fun doing something different and useful.
Opportunities for Everyone
We understand that people have different responsibilities, commitments, and personal challenges. We are dedicated to ensuring that if you want to get involved you can, in a way that works for you, in a role that you enjoy.
You can join us as
• Permanent volunteer – for just a few hours a week, or a few days a week.
• Corporate volunteer – team up with your workmates to show that your business cares about its community.
• ‘One day a Year’ Volunteer – helping out with events and fundraising for just one single day each year and not be asked for more.
• Placement volunteer – a few days or months on a learning experience plan
• Back Up Volunteer – there to lend a hand ‘as and when’ you can.
• Distance volunteer – help with tasks you can do at your own pace from home.
Areas of Volunteering
You will be surprised at the breadth of roles available at LUOSKO German Shepherd Dog Rescue. Some roles may need previous experience, some not. However all roles need enthusiasm and a commitment to animal welfare.
Broad categories include:
• Kennel Assistants
• Dog Walkers
• Dog Groomers
• Fundraising and Events
• Social Media & Advertising
How to volunteer
• If you have any questions before applying just call us and we’ll be happy to answer those.
• Complete the application form
• We will contact you about your interest and if we have a role that is suitable, we’ll invite you to come and meet us, or discuss next steps by phone.
• We will then take some details and provide you with information and training you may need.
• You will be provided with a member of staff to support you during your volunteer experience.
We welcome everyone to help out around our centre and with fundraising events, however if you are under 16 you will need to be accompanied by a parent or responsible adult, who has also completed a volunteer application and a full induction, they MUST attend every time with you.
We have a dress code for Health & Safety reasons; which includes boots/wellies, appropriate clothing and waterproofs. Any other PPE will be provided by us. We also have a strict NO mobile phones rule on site unless previously agreed. Lockers are available on site to put personal belongings in.